"Day On The Water" with Guide John Varner.....Write Up 7-6-09

This is a little write up a friend of mine done that is published on the web... hope you guys enjoy...

I'm a Black Bass fisherman, well as John pointed out Large Mouth are actually part of the Sun fish section, but that's for another day.So my perspective on Sand Bass fisherman was always that you guys were Lazy, can cast were ever and catch fish and Lazy. Heck how much thought goes into catching Sand Bass, Find a School, Cast a Lure, Catch a Fish, Repeat.........Well on Monday July 6th, Ray Hubbard Guide John Varner proved all of those theories wrong, well a few.I now have a little more respect for this section, you guys and gals still have to find the fish and get on the right spots. There's no just "Cast Anywhere".I will let the video's speak for themselves and Watch them all as John will give some GREAT TIPS even us Bass fisherman can use.

I meet J-Von at Chandlers around 6:30am


After John runs down South he shuts the boat off grabs his binoculars and starts telling me how he will listen for the school at the start and go to them. Well, not 2 minutes later.


We meet a TFF (Nitro 1), well 1 of Many TFF'ers that are out there and know John


Yep this would never happen in Bass Fishing...LOL, but you Sand Bass Guys are very inviting and really seem to be friendly with each other.



Tips ( and no I didn't edit this one John, it's a funny video)




You watch this video and tell me he doesn't know his stuff, as soon as he tells me to stop jigging it.....



Great Video of john talking about the depth finder.


John Talking about his Guide Service but is interrupted by a Hybrid...He shows us how to tell them apart.



More Great Graph Tips and fishing Tips



John I had a GREAT DAY and you really showed me some tips on reading graphs I didn't even know. It was fun always asking you if you needed a net though. LOL

Seriously though if you are ever looking for a Guide on Hubbard for Sand Bass and Hybrids, you need to call John. I saw a few guides out there Monday and they were just trolling. Not saying they didn't catch fish, but man John makes it fun and you will learn something every trip.