Ray Hubbard 11-25-09

Fished Hubbard yesterday solo for a few hours. Fished from 7:30am till 11:00am and the first hour I did not even get a hit. I started a little late but I do not think I missed anything because if I did there were no signs of it. No fish on the flats, usually this time of year they are there. Well I fished a lot of structure today picking up one here and there and post front conditions with N wind and bright skies made the first few hours kinda tuff. Finally found a load of fish spread out on the levees sitting right on top of it out from a flat…. Caught a lot of keeper whites, nothing 15 inches or anything but respectable fish to say the least with an occasional small hybrid and “EL” yellow bass . They were hugging the bottom and a slight twitch of the slab was the trick. All fish caught on 1 oz. SSS slabs from MOE’S in 22-28ft water… winds were N 5-10 mph and the water temp has finally dropped when I started it was 59-60 degrees. I did see some Loons today… Last year I seen 1 , but it look like a mother with 2 small ones…. We do not get many Loons on Hubbard but am glad to see them. Also…. Do not be fooled by the lying ass birds , not gulls, hovering the loons. I made multiple drifts through them with nothing on the graph or the lure!