Texoma 12-11-09

Had the chance to fish the big pond this morning with JD and good friend Ruben. Our original plan was to fish for small mouth this morning because I have yet to catch one there. I can not count how many times I have been on a boat on Texoma and somebody catches one but me. I had my Gizz 4 and my flitter baits ready and tied on from Smack Tackle thanks to Scott …. Well the trash fishing only lasted about 13 minutes when birds started working. Sorry, we just can not pass on birds … drifting soft plastics were the ticket today. The fish were thick and the bite was good it was real windy today but we were lucky enough to have the birds and fish stay in the arms of the lake and we could drift real slowwwwww….. caught over 70 fish today and they were caught on Dead Assassins with 1oz bullet head jigs dipped in chartreuse garlic from MOE’s and yes the dip did have a better bite. Water was 52-53 degrees and it was 31 degrees out side when we started A lot of over 20’s but nothing in the 10lb range fished from 7:30 am till 11:00 am.