Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Report

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide Report 

I would like to first start off by honoring one of my best friends that went to be with the lord this month. Matt Wallace was one of the good guys, as always helping others anytime they needed help or information. He was a great father that taught his kids about hunting , fishing and the outdoors. He was a fabulous husband to his wife Kathy Wallace and they where stuck side side by in their marriage.  He helped me many times with big group trips, we fished together as friends and we talked frequently about life. I have always said that I don't mind getting older, but I do not like the fact that I see more and more people leave this earth. He was a young man at 46 and fell ill and fought a good fight, but it was just too much.  He lived life with a smile, a laugh and a great sense of humor. We had made plans for this year to do some salt water fishing and I was looking forward to that. I know we hear it all the time , make as much about life as we can , and sometime we all get caught up in the routine of life and it moves fast. I for one have vowed to myself to make the most out of life after loosing my best friend. Love your family , tell them as much as possible, love your friends, we don't have many true friends and do things in life to make you and them happy. I know its hard to live everyday like it may be your last, but I for one am going to try to remember to give it a try. I miss him and will cherish the memories we have .. Rest in peace my good friend .

Lake Ray Hubbard fishing as been in the usual summertime fishing pattern. The traffic has died down because school,  sports and hunting is going to start. The thermocline is set in about 16-17 ft and the fish are not usually deeper than that. The gizzard shad are a good food source this time of year so try bigger lures when you find fish. Lake Ray Hubbard water level is a little more than 3 ft low, so be sure to be careful in the shallows and look for some stumps that are usually deeper.

White Bass Patterns

White bass have been schooling at the Lake Ray Hubbard hot spots , Robertson park , power plant Jetties along the east shore line close to Chandlers. Some days to have to pick thru smaller fish to get the keepers. We have birds working these schools on many occasions early mornings. If you find birds working but do not see fish activity I have been scanning with my side imaging to locate the fish. Later in the morning the fish have been suspending out from structure, Gravel pits , levees and other humps. Do not forget to look shallow, as stated before , with the thermocline you will be surprised how shallow you locate fish in the heat of the day. This is where your electronics play a big part and especially side imaging. 

White Bass

Lake Ray Hubbard

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Report

 White Bass Lures

White bass have  hitting a verity of lures. Gizzard shad thrive in the summertime and that is when I use larger lure . The 3/4 oz Humdinger tail spinner has been working great when you locate schooling fish or a 3 inch Co Ho with 1/2 oz head. When you find suspending fish I have been using a 1 oz slab , toss it out and let it hit bottom then give the reel five or six real fast cranks and drop it back down. If you have trouble with that method , there is always trolling which can be very effective this time of year. Please remember if some one is fishing a spot, be respectful and do not just start driving circles around them .
Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Report

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide

We target White Bass year round .  Lake Ray Hubbard has a great white bass and hybrid Striper population.  For more information on Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Guide, follow this link.