8-14-09

Fished with repeat Josh and his father Colonel and they brought first time Jerad and Jim. Started out with pretty good top water on flats, they were pushing nice shad about 3-4 inches out of the water and today’s boat traffic was one of the lighter Fridays I have seen :) maybe people are finding work again….. When the madness started and the fish calmed down we relied on the graph once again. These fish are holding to structure but as soon as you catch a few they move, when I mean move I mean vanish!! As you can see by these reports there is a pattern going :D you have to move and look and burn a little gas. It was constant action just not great action. I hate working for fish but it is August and that is what happens. Jared wanted to keep some fish so I cleaned maybe 25 and we would have had to measure once again to keep more. Lots of small hybrids today…. All fish caught on Moe’s triple SSS, Fiesta and thrifty slabs.. I also have one Fast Ally left and that whacked some fish this morning along with various top waters and the soon to be famous bungee bubble with a clouser . I can not wait till Moe’s get his new top water bait,,,,Fished stayed a little shallower today as 14ft was or magic number. Winds were E then SE 5-12 mph and water temp was 83-85 degrees. Josh, thanks again guys and good seeing you all.