On the water class 8-22-09 and 8-23-09

I would like to thank all the last 2 days on my on the water seminars. The main purpose of these trips was to try to explain why, what and how’s . We purposely stayed away from boats shows except this morning when we did fish an area then the boat show kinda started. We did not try very hard to find schooling fish, but we did look… and not much found. I felt there was no reason to fish schooling fish because most can catch them that way when we did I mostly tried to explain the do’s and don’ts and why’s and how’s We spent a lot of time with the graph and how to read maps to apply to any lake. The reason why fish should be there and patterns the lures to use his and that time of year. I made these guys and girl a little printed version of what we discussed. Today I would have like to found a few more fish in certain areas to show on the graph. We fished a lot of areas that hold fish but not necessarily this time of year. When we were done Mike and hamburgers waiting and good grab bags of lures ready for the guys when we cam in we spent another hour or two talking about things, and eating…. I hope every body that went had a good time and learned a little something. I will try to do a couple of these a year.. The scheduling is the tough part.



Here is what some of my guest had to say :)

"Knew it was going to be a tough day with the wind and it being out of the East. But cathing fish was secondary to the goal of learning how to find and catch fish. What we learned today will apply to any lake. Can't say enough about how knowledgable John is and how well he can explain all facets of fishing. If you ever get a chance to go on a learning trip with John by all means do so. Then to top it off Mike (Moe's tackle met us at the dock with some really good hamburgers from the grill and this great big bag full of lures. It's nice to watch video's and get instructions from experts at seminars but you just can't beat being on the water in the real world of fishing.
If you want a great guide on Ray Hubbard:
http://www.jvguideservice.com/
If you want great tackle at a more than reasonable price:
http://www.moestackleshop.com/"

Steve S.

"we also went out with john on the teaching trip today and it was so much more than we expected. john can explain things about fishing like a college professor or like an old friend, whatever it takes. we must have found fish in 8-10 different spots and went over why they were there, what makes a spot good, how to work baits, all that stuff was what we all wanted. then once at the marina moe's tackle mike was a class act all the way. he comes across just as friendly as john and talked fishing with us for an hour. thanks guys i can't wait to find fish on my home lake."

Mike

"Also went out with John Sunday and agree it was more than I was expecting. The communication of patterns, lures, presentation, graph reading, and alot more was not only a learning experience but a confidence builder as well. I know I have alot to learn still, but I honestly believe that I can go to the lake and with a little effort and attention can find fish! That is priceless. I not only felt that I got my moneys worth but much more. Can't say enough about John and Mike both. They really want to help people be successful in fishing and that means the world to someone that is trying to learn. Thank you guys so much for what you do and all the TFF members that continually help others learn. I am really proud to be a member here."

Nick