Ray Hubbard Report 8-25-09

One word of advice… never ever drink an energy drink at 3:00pm when your trip is at 3:30pm when it is 100 degrees!!! Man that thing made me feel really bad…. The trip started out with the front graph not working!!! after I solved that problem later in the day my stomper button went out!!! I thought it was my trolling motor, I even did not buy the big foot brand last time hoping this “new and improved” more expensive one was the ticket… it lasted 3 months….. Anyway…. Fish were stacked up real good in shallow water… they would only hang around a few minutes though. Later when we seen a few spread out we would throw shanghai swim baits and that is where we picked up our only legal hybrid. It is time to keep a CO-HO tied on just in case It is the dog days … and August and September are usually pretty tough on Hubbard… one day good, the next not so much… I look in a lot of areas this time of year… All fish caught on Moe’s SSS , Shanghais and TNT 180’s in 12-14 ft of water. Winds were nothing then 10 E later and water temp went from 84 degrees last weekend to 89... Nice and steamy…. Looks like I will try to catch up on some stuff before the great fall bite starts,,,