A little Break 9-11-09

First off I would like to remember all the victims of 9-11-2001, that was a sad day in history and I will never forget that the rest of my life.

Had the chance to fish with good friends Super Duck and John Nitro on Fairfield Lake. We left the house at 4:00am and arrived at the lake at almost 6:00am. We started out catching good size baits which was a plus. We went and set up at our first spot and caught a small red. Second fish was the biggest red I have seen in person and been witness caught … Mike hooked into a brute , you should have seen his eyes…. At one time while he was fighting that thing we had 3 fish on at the same time….John and I lost ours but Mike got his in the boat. His was 18.9 pounds …. We managed a good amount of reds and kept 5 for us to have for some dinners and John was handy with the net… he caught us nice Tilapia and the biggest blue gill I have ever seen. That afternoon we went back out and that was a huge mistake…. When we got on the water huge thunderstorms rolled in, lighting just shooting out of the sky…. We made the very smarter decision to load up and get out of town… Fairfield is was down and the ramp is crap…. WE COULD NOT PULL THE BOAT OUT OF THE WATER…. It was pouring down rain and the truck could not get enough traction on that steep ramp to get it out… Finally with the boat on the trailer we use the motor on the boat to help get the truck over the hump, and fishtailed all the way up the ramp with smoking tires…. I know this is a long story but did I mention Mike got a 3/0 hook stuck thru his hand when he slipped in the boat… John had to push it through and cut the barb, I also ate some fresh jalapeƱo for lunch earlier with my food and stupid me rubbed my eye.. It swelled up like I got punched…. Also when we got the boat out , John’s window would not roll up because it got so wet .. I told John I would drive back to the cabin, on the way in we seen some pretty deer…. But one of them decided to jump in front of the truck… yes ladies and gentle men, we hit a freaking deer!!!!! Luckily we grazed his ass and he swung around a few times and ran off.. Truck was ok… with the window still down and raining, Mike suggested we stop the truck, and do a reboot… he said it works on his computer so why not… we pulled over … turned off the truck and started back up… IT work… Needless to say when we woke up the next morning and it was raining… We all looked at each other and said… lets go home… if the ramp was not so bad we would have fished, we fish in the rain all the time… but we had enough…. If anybody ever wants to catch some reds without going to the cost call Jackie Kennedy, he guides down there and has fished that lake for 20+ years… he has helped us more than I can thank him… his website is http://www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com/home . He is a great guy… Sorry for the long story…. It was still worth the trip… we had a great time…