Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing Report




Lake Ray Hubbard has been a little up and down cause of the rains, high water and a spillway gate open.. The last couple trips the fish are suspending out from structure. Usually this time of year you can find good groups bunched up. I have found them like that but it has been inconsistent. I did break out the trolling gear at one time and was very successful catching fish this way. I would find schools suspended out from drops our flats and set the depth at around 13-15 ft … these fish would hang out in 25-30 ft water and move very fast. I figure after this week with the warmer temps returning it should stabilize .. Early morning schooling is pretty constant every time ..BUT.. some day it’s for long periods and some days’ very short..  so I would concentrate on the multiple flats , checking each one looking for signs of shad , a few pop ups and splashes … water temps where 82-84 degrees and a couple days’ North winds mixed with East ..   I have some dates open in July so give me a call.. specializing in family fun .. I had a 4 yr old on the boat .. I usually tell parents that’s a little young.. but the dad assured me he is a fishing machine.. he brought his own zepco  and his own life jacket .. lol… that little boy would throw that rod.. catch his fish and not say a word.. grab it .. take it off the hook .. I could do nothing but sit in amazement and watch this future pro at work.. It puts a smile on my face when young kids love fishing … 

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing

Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing
Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing
Lake Ray Hubbard Fishing