Cedar Creek 5-2-09

Fished the Great Matt’s fisher weekend and it was awesome. we started at 7:30am and finished at 11:30am. If we would have gotten started a little earlier it would have been better on the hybrids. Billy had to wait a minute for 1 guy so I headed out to where he told me to start….. We started out with hybrids and big whites busting the water and I had 4 guys with Smack Crank baits on… now when you are catching fish like a fire drill with multiple treble hooks that is a fine art to master. I never threw a lure … I like it when it is easy. Billy showed up about 5 min later and hammered fish. When that died down we all went as a group and Billy put us on fish the whole morning. The rest were slab fish… I also sported the triple set up again and when the graph would light up I caught a couple of triples for fun. There is a pic on someone’s camera I will have to get . Once again the trip was a blast but we caught mucho fish… Threw back a lot of small keepers (except deep hooked) and kept the bigger ones for their fish fry… between My boat and Billy’s we caught more close to, never mind you would not believe it any ways. All fish in my boat were caught on Smack cranks, SSS slabs from MOE”S and TNT with FBN jigs in 2ft to 24 ft water. Winds were very good considering the forecast. As you know I do not guide on cedar creek anymore. If anybody would like a group trip there I can set that up. If you want a trip on Cedar creek e-mail me and I can send you contact info. I have helped with this trip for 4 years now and it is always a blast.
The whole group with both boats


What my boat caught