10-31-09 Birthday on Texoma

My Birthday present from JD..... What does a guide like JD do on a day off he goes fishing with his buddies..when we make him …. Well all I can say is JD started of strong with 2 trash fish and a respectable striper…. We were fishing structure and all of a sudden “WHAM” I had a freight train 13lbs and 31 inches of pure happiness …. On my birthday… I do not know about you guys but what else could you ask for That is the biggest striper I caught on Texoma in I do know how long… too long… After that we chased birds and caught boxers and some over 20”… A great morning in my book.



We BBQ some hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch at the cabins and then we took the wives out for a little boat ride and see if we could get “EL Nitro’s” wife on some fish… We managed a lot of birds but not many fish and picky too. We drove around and tried some shallow areas and we found fish pushing shad into the trees that were flooded Just like trash fishing we picked some nice fish for the 2 hours we fished and did manage to put Jeannie on a nice one … All fish caught on Fiesta Slabs and 4” CO-HO’s with a ¾ jig head from MOE’S.